Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting connection problems

Le mer, 28/04/2004 à 14:08 +0200, red_lists a écrit :
> Hi all.
> I've just bought my new Kodak DVC-325 usb webcam, installed the drivers from
> spca50x.sourceforge.net, which works perfectly (in fact, gqcam and gnomemeeting
> both make me see video from my cam).
> The problem is really simple: gnomemeeting often freezes when changing random
> parameters, but when I kill it and restart, it has saved the changes. But the

Could you tell us what parameters you are changing that give that
problem? We are aware that spca50x is problematic with GnomeMeeting due
to drivers problems, but if you are talking about other settings than
video-related ones, then it is a bug in gnomemeeting that needs to be
fixed.

> biggest problem is, I can't connect to anyone - or better, if I connect to
> someone, gnomemeeting freezes before the other person receives any connection
> attempt; If the other person tries to connect to me, gnomemeeting freezes just
> after I've received some life sign (it appears the name of the other person just
> under my image).

Can you try the same test with the "Picture" plugin instead of your
camera?

> I'm using a Debian unstable, gnomemeeting 1.02 (got from your debian
> repositories), kernel 2.4.26, latest cam drivers - all of this, on a Gericom X5
> Laptop.
> Excuse me if I've ended up bugging you, but I haven't even been able to compile
> gnomemeeting in debug mode to check out where exactly the problem is, since
> compilation gave me unresolved symbols in linking about some methods in
> H323Connection object (if you're interested in that, I can re-try compilation
> and tell you more).

I have the feeling you have camera problems.

Are you using ALSA or OSS? Is something printed in the terminal?