Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] video codec settings ?

Le lun, 19/04/2004 à 18:36 +0000, Dave S a écrit :
> Gnomemeeting 0.98.5 is running great :-)     and I love it !
>
> However I am struggling with the settings in codecs/video codecs.
> This is a dumb question but these settings are for video I am
> compressing and sending ? or for video recieved from the other party ? -
> Im not totaly sure :-\ as altering the setting seems to have little
> effect while in conversation.

Most of the settings are for video sending. You can not really control
what you receive with GnomeMeeting.
So when you alter the settings, it has an effect for the remote party.

> Is there any guidence on what to set these values to (Downstream 576kbps
> upstream 288kbps) or is it a case of suck it & see ?

Actually, if you are using the configuration assistant, and select DSL,
it should put good default settings. You can however increase the
bandwidth available in the bandwidth limitation setting as you have good
upstream. I would put 14 if I was you.

> Lastly is it possible to call gnomemeeting without it placing a
> telephone icon on the system tray in KDE & Fluxbox ?

mmh no...

> Any advice greatfully recieved ..... Gnomemeeting is soooo much fun !

Thanks ;)