Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Mise à jour GnomeMeeting

> > > I'm trying to use gnome meeting on both a desktop computer with a VT8233
> > > (AC97) audio card and an IBM Thinkpad A21p. Both are running RedHat 9.0
> > > and the version of GnomeMeeting that comes with it, i.e. 0.96.0.
> > >

> > That is fairly outdated... We are at GnomeMeeting 1.0.2 now.
>
> I know, but it doesn't look like the new release tried to fix that
> particular problem. I'll try to go for the new release anyway, but this
> means I'll have to install many packages which may be in conflict with
> those already installed.

The release certainly doesn't fix that problem as it is not a
GnomeMeeting problem....

> > Probably a GConf bug on RedHat 9.
>
> Maybe. Is there a "good" distribution ? Which one would you recommand ?

I would recommend Debian, but you have to be experimented to use that
distribution. Anyway, the latest Fedora's have an important number of
bugfixes compared to the RH9 distribution.

> > That's a bug of your distribution. Probably the module offering dsp1 and
> > mixer1 is not loaded. Nothing GnomeMeeting can do about.
>
> Where could I find info on how the system decide to load or not a given
> module ? I know about lsmod, modprobe, ... but that doesn't tell me why
> the system should load a module offering dsp1 or not.

I think that on RedHat it is Kudzu that manages the hardware. If Kudzu
doesn't always load the module, you can load it manually. I suppose that
dsp1 is perhaps the mic of your webcam, if it is the case, "modprobe
audio" should be enough to bring dsp1.