Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] problem with /dev/dsp

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:54:20 +0200
PUYDT Julien <julien puydt laposte net> wrote:

> On lun, 2003-09-29 at 21:41, Norbert Crettol wrote:
> > Cannot use the audio device
> > The selected audio device (/dev/dsp) was successfully opened
> > but it is impossible to write to this device. Please check
> > your audio setup.
> >
> > Someone experienced this kind of problem ? Known issue ?
>
> You lack write permission on /dev/dsp!

I was root as I made the test. Then I tried as a user, chmoding
a+rw /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer. But I got the same result. And as
a user, I cannot access /dev/video1394 anymore.

> > Oh, I forgot it : I use GM with 1394 enabled and a firewire
> > camera.
>
> It has nothing to do with sound problems; may I ask if it's an avc or a
> dc? Some time in the future, it may become much easier to use an avc.
> And if you volunteer to test, dc may too.

Hmmm hmmmm... I don't know the difference between dc and avc. It's a
Sony DCR-TRV900E. I've checked that it's not IIDC compliant and cannot
work with Coriander... I've tried it.

Norbert