Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Bandwith limit

Hello,

Le ven 26/09/2003 à 11:39, Norbert Crettol a écrit :
> Hi all.
>
> I'm setting up a point to point connection with GM using ieee1394
> camcorders. I've used the source rpms found at
> http://av8.netikka.fi/~johnny/ that I rebuilt with dc1394 activated.
> I followed a thread of this list to do it and it was very
> helpful :
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemeeting-list/2003-May/msg00233.html
>
> Everything seems to work but I have some questions : is it possible
> to use more bandwidth than 100kb/s. I could use up to 512 kb/s
> on each side of my connection. Could this give a better image
> quality ?

100 KB/s is 100 KBytes/s, not Kbits/s.
You can have a better image quality during calls by pushing the quality
lower limit to very high values like 90%.

However, you won't be able to have a better quality than when you are
not in a call. If you think your image quality is not good enough in the
preview mode (when you are not in a call), then it is independant of
GnomeMeeting and is perhaps a problem with the DC code in pwlib.

> And is it possible to setup the size of the grabbed image ?

You can use 176x144 = QCIF = Small or 352x288 = CIF = Large
You can't use any other size.