Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Runs as root but not as user

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Sunday 14 Sep 2003 11:42 am, Stefan Bruens wrote:

Am Sonntag, 14. September 2003 11:33 schrieb Kilian Krause:

Ehrm, you're mocking me, right? ALL of those above device
symlinks miss the write flag. How about you try and chmod 660 all
of them? They should read:
lrw-rw---- ...
and
crw-rw---- ..

$ man chmod
chmod  never  changes the permissions of symbolic links; the chmod
system call cannot change their permis­sions.  This is not a
problem since the permissions of symbolic links are never used.

Fine - so as long as I've ensured that what they point to have rw permissions I should be ok. Except that I'm not. Thanks for the info, though.

Anne
Are you a member of the group video or sys ?
If you chown anne:users (or whatever group you belong to) the devices, are you still not able to open the video device?

Regards,
Iason