Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Runs as root but not as user

Hi Anne,

> Not only am I not mocking you, I am thoroughly confused.  Look at
> this:
>
> [root anne-linux anne]# chmod 660 /dev/mixer*
> [root anne-linux anne]# ls -l /dev/mixer*
> lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     video          11 Sep 13 06:39 /dev/mixer ->
> sound/mixer
>
> What am I doing wrong?

...well, i think my understanding of devfsd has just hardened it's as
crap as can be. ;)

Looks like someone with more (or at least any) devfsd knowledge should
explain how to tweak this to work properly ...

and no, having your user +rw is enough..

--
Best regards,
 Kilian