[GnomeMeeting-list] Text chat not echoed by openmcu

If I connect two GnomeMeeting sessions directly to each other, then text
chat messages show up on the chat window of the other session as I would
expect.  But if I connect two or more GnomeMeeting sessions to openmcu, the
text chat messages only show up on the chat window of the originating
session.  They are not displayed on the other sessions.  (Audio and video
work OK, however.)
Any advice?