Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Q: getting better frame rates? (or picking a better webcam?)

In many cases, the advertised frame rates are only with compression on
the camera, which is often only supported in Windows, and looks kinda
crappy anyway.  (That said, 1fps is pretty awful, most cameras can do
much better than that!  Maybe there's some kind of driver bug?)

USB-2 does make a huge difference.  I encourage you to get an iBOT2,
which is very capable of 640x480 30fps, and see if you can get it to
work, so that I can find out if my issues are a local configuration
problem or what.  :)

The "normal" camera to get seems to be some flavor of QuickCam-ish
thing using the qce-ga driver.  Seems to get reasonable frame rates,
though the picture quality is nothing to write home about.

Dan Egnor