[GnomeMeeting-list] Q: getting better frame rates? (or picking a better webcam?)

Hello,

I have an Ezonics EZCam (USB) that is apparently rated for 30fps. However, I
can't get more than 1fps over a 100Mbps LAN. In fact, just displaying the
webcam in gnomemeeting without even connecting to anyone is limited to about
1FPS. The quality settings only slightly improve the fps at great loss in
quality...

Since the difference between advertised and real FPS is so huge I am not sure
I know what to think of other webcams that advertise 30FPS. Are they talking
about a 5x5 pixel mode?

I'd like to get 20fps or higher with fairly good resolution across a 150Mbps
connection (avg machine: Athlon 2400). Any suggestions on webcams? Will USB-2
webcams make a difference?

Thanks.

--
Schedule your world with ScheduleWorld.com
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/