Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] TOS

Hi,

Le mer 03/09/2003 à 13:03, Paolo Di Francesco a écrit :
> Derek Smithies wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >  but is it worth adding TOS?
> >
> > How many routers etc actually take notice of TOS ??
>
> Most of the software routers regarding QoS studies use TOS (or DSCP).
>
> Anyway, Damien do you think it would be easy to add something to control
> the DSCP?

Controlling the TOS is something easy to do. However, I'm not sure what
I can do more and how easy it would be. More advanced things are
probably for post 1.00

> I will explain in few words: usually an application label *ALL* the
> packets with the same TOS. In some scenarios, it is interesting to use
> different TOS depending on the packets, or measures, or bandwidth
> allocation.
>
> The solution would be to add some hooks to permit to change the DSCP
> dynamically, do some measures or get some infos regarding the bitrate, etc.
>
> If it's too difficult, do not spend time on this, it's just a wish list
>   with low industrial interest, more interesting for research ;)

OpenH323 uses IPTOS_LOWDELAY; by default on Unix but not
IPTOS_PREC_CRITIC_ECP as it would require root access.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org