Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Audio delay of Gnomemeeting

Hi,

Le jeu 23/10/2003 à 21:18, xwang3 umsis miami edu a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having some audio delay tests of gnomemeeting. I connected two computers
> 1.back to back, 2.with a switch. In both ways, the delays were about 150ms. I
> have already used the simplest codec G.711, and decreased the jitter buffer
> size to the minimum. Is this delay unusually large? When we had the test, we
> could clearly feel the delay. What could be the minumum delay in Gnomemeeting?

I can make calls over the internet with a 20ms delay, decreasing the
jitter buffer size will only help you breaking the quality.

The delay will depend on several things :
- your internet connection (obviously it should be ok here)
- if you are sending video or not
- the codec, using something else than G.711 could help
- the quality of your soundcard drivers in full-duplex (may I suggest
ALSA?)

However, a 150ms delay is acceptable. I'm surprised you can feel a 150ms
delay.
--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org