[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: quicknet and gnomemeeting questions

Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Please subscribe to the mailing list before posting questions.
> See my comments inline.

Done.  Thanks for allowing the post.

>> Regardless, I am behind a firewall with network
>> translation, and was able to use a few cents from
>> my credit at microtelco without however having
>> any successful calls.
>>

> The firewall is probably the problem.
Likely, because I am not totally (an
understatement) conversing with setting it.

>> I have a few questions:
>>
>>   - what does the message on "Remote user cleared
>>     the call" mean?
>
> In a normal case, it means that the remote user (the one you are
> calling) just put the phone on-hook. In your case, the message is
> more vague, it simply indicates that call couldn't complete.

I suspected the latter, because I called myself
but no ring of the normal phone was heard.

>>   - I noticed in the gnomemeeting's faq that
>>     TCP_PORT_RANCH refers to both tcp and udp
>>     protocols.  Is this correct?
>
> Absolutely not. Where did you read that?
> TCP_PORT_RANGE is for TCP
> RTP_PORT_RANGE and GK_PORT_RANGE are both for UDP

Here is a line from the faq in section  7.1.3:

$IPTABLES -I POSTROUTING 1 -t nat -o $IN_DEV -d  \
$IN_HOST  -p udp --dport $TCP_PORT_RANGE -j ACCEPT

I will followup with my settings when this part
is cleared up.
Thanks,  eythan