Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] IPCop 1.3, Gnomemeeting, LDAP, and ILS servers

Le dim 05/10/2003 à 12:44, Charlie King a écrit :
> Is anyone using Gnomemeeting successfully through IPCop 1.3 (www.ipcop.org)?
>
> According to the Gnomemeeting FAQ, it should work out of the box through NAT
> Firewalls that support H323 which, I thought, IPCop did.

If the H.323 patches are applied to IPCop, then it will work with
Netmeeting but not with GnomeMeeting. You should make sure the patch is
unloaded.

> I've also tried forwarding TCP ports 1720 and 30000:30010, and UDP ports
> 5000:5003 and 5010:5013 as suggested in the gnomemeeting faq.

Yes, and also enable ip translation.

> With the sole exception of gnomemeeting's own ils.sexonix.xom server (which
> seems to work fine but is non-standard), I can't connect to ILS servers.  I
> get a 'Failed to connect to LDAP server x.y.z: can't contact LDAP server' -
> I've tried ils.kencomp.net, ils.demon.co.uk, ils.btinternet.com and
> ils.worldonline.fr, all with the same results.

dsandras seconix:~$ host ils.btinternet.com
ils.btinternet.com has no A record (Authoritative answer)

dsandras seconix:~$ host ils.demon.co.uk
ils.demon.co.uk A record currently not present

dsandras seconix:~$ host ils.worldonline.fr
ils.worldonline.fr      CNAME   proteus.worldonline.fr
proteus.worldonline.fr does not exist, try again

Seems none of those ILS servers are still active!
Btw, ils.seconix.com is as much standard as ILS permits it.