Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] recording problem

Le mer 26/11/2003 à 19:20, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> how about the /dev/mixer , can that be wrong? and the OSS mappings?

Even if the mapping is wrong, it should still work using gnome-mixer or
kmix and it shouldn't influence the recording at all.

> can you build me a simple audio test with lots of debugging, so you can see
> what happens? does the /dev/mixer fail, what's inside the buffers, what
> happens when reading from /dev/sound/dsp1 ? does any operation give any
> error, etc...

If there was an error it would be reported. So the conclusion here is
that either the recording volume is set to 0 (weird as the cat thing
works) or that the soundcard is full-duplex (not possible either).

The best thing I can suggest you is to use CVS with native ALSA support.
However, we have no Mandrake packs for it :(

> Op woensdag 26 november 2003 18:51, schreef Damien Sandras:
> > Hello Maarten,
> >
> > I suggest you to go on irc.gnome.org, #gnomemeeting to get this sorted
> > out. I'm really out of ideas...
> >
> > Le mer 26/11/2003 à 18:33, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> > > I've tested it again, and I do hear a rythmic tic when testing it using
> > > the druid... sometimes I hear some other glitch but always the same rythm
> > > (after 5 sec of course)
> > >
> > > I've tested it out with muting the microphone and doing the cat
> > > /dev/sound/dsp1 > /dev/sound/dsp and I hear myself perfectly (and my
> > > surroundings) with a minor lag.
> > >
> > > after that I left the microphone mute, and started up gnomemeeting again
> > > and when I pressed the audio test of the druid, I heard myself again but
> > > instantly, even after the audio test and gnomemeeting was shut down, I
> > > continued to hear myself... which I found odd, instead of 5 sec delay, it
> > > switched the microphon appearantly unmuted...
> > >
> > > Maarten

(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org