Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] recording problem

Le mar 25/11/2003 à 12:32, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> yep, although, I don't know how to make me not hear myself in the microphone,
> I did hear a very loud rustling, and when I said something, a few fractions
> of a second later, the sound got through but very loud and unrecognizable
> (probably because of loopback stuff or so...)

Launch gnome-mixer (or KMix) and click on Mute below "Mic".

> thanks for the help,
> but I'd find it odd, that all my buddies, using mdk9.2 have no problem
> whatsoever, but I do... ? they have the version that is on the mdk9.2 CDs, as
> do I...
>
> What I'd like to know is how you actually test this thing out? what are you

The configuration druid is the way to test unfortunately.

> using the /dev/mixer for? and how do I set the OSS sound levels, for all I
> know the oss sound levels are at 0...? or are they the same for the alsa?

If you are using OSS emulation, they can not be set to 0, or that
explains the problem. Just launch kmix or gnome-mixer, and make sure
that Mic is positionned to "Rec", that its volume is set to the max.

> of course, it can't be , because else, I'd not be able to do that test...
> is gnomeeting symlink-proof?

Yes, I'm using symlinks... Your problem is very weird, I'm currently out
of ideas except for playing with the mixers using gnome-mixer, or kmix.

> Maarten Vanraes
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org