Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] recording problem

Op dinsdag 25 november 2003 09:24, schreef Damien Sandras:
> Hello Maarten,
>
> Le mar 25/11/2003 à 01:24, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> > ok tried everything;
> > with some fiddling:
> >
> > -I can use arecord with hw:0,1 and default
> > -I can cat /dev/sound/dsp1 > file and cat file > /dev/sound/dsp1
> >
> > but still the audio test in the druid doesn't work...
> >
> > what is wrong?
> >
> > I can record with alsa and the OSS emulation layer
> >
> > I can hear what I am saying through the microphone, but the druid doesn't
> > play my sound 5 sec delayed...
> >
> > what is wrong?
>
> You should mute the microphone with the mixer to not hear yourself. But
> that won't solve the problem. Are you sure that the soundcard is really
> full-duplex? What model is it? What distribution are you using?

it's a VIA82xx, alsa doesn't report anything about full-duplex, so I assume
it's full-duplex. I got 2 devices on the 1 card. and have the second device
( /dev/sound/adsp ) set to /dev/sound/dsp1 . I can use that one for recording
and the /dev/sound/dsp for playing. I've tried doing a

cat /dev/sound/adsp > test.raw & sleep 3 ; cat test2.raw > /dev/sound/dsp

and it worked perfectly....

I'm having the mdk9.2.

Maarten Vanraes
--