Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] whats happening inside jitter buffer?

Le mar 18/11/2003 à 19:06, nauman ahmed a écrit :
> hi Damien,
> sorry for bothering u again n again .

No problem :)

> i just wanted to know two thing  u said that in gnomemeetign
> the jitter buffer  is adaptive , then wat is the purpose of
> setting the size of  jitter buffer (in msec) in the preferences tab.

If you are not using a too old gnomemeeting version, you should be able
to set the maximum jitter buffer size. It will be adapted following some
network conditions (packets loss, packets out of order, too late) but
will never be larger than the maximum specified size.

> We are actually trying to assess the speech quality by changing the
> delay in the networ and trying to study the effect of changing the
> jitter buffer size at the receiving side .....
>
> Seconldly wat i want to know in my previous mail was wat  happens when
> the jitter buffer empties, ie there are no more packets in the jitter
> buffer to process , does it wait for the amount of time specified in
> the jitter buffer setting ...

No, it waits the amount of time displayed in the statistics panel (as it
is adaptative), the prefs present the max. size, ie the current size is
maximum the max. size, but that could be less too.