Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] whats happening inside jitter buffer?

Le dim 16/11/2003 à 18:04, nauman ahmed a écrit :
> i am doing some serious project which includes gnomemeeting as a
> tool.i am a
> bit confused about the
> working of jitter buffer.i have two alternative concepts about jitter
> buffer
> here i refer to jitter buffer which is" not adaptive" i.e it size can
> be changed
> manually. ihave the following two concepts

The one in gnomemeeting is adaptative.

> 1-jitter buffer size(in bytes)is " fixed".Suppose it is 3 times the
> payload size  .suppose it is set to 100ms at the start
> the codec waits for 100ms and then start processing the packets during
> that any packet
> whose sequence no lies within first 3 sequnce nos arrives then
>
> 1-it is admitted if it arrives before playout time is admitted to the
> buffer.after finishing
>    the buffer the codec again waits for 100ms and the above process is
> repeated
>    again
>
> 2- it is not admitted to the buffer and simply discarded..after
> finishing
>    the buffer the codec again waits for 100ms and the above process is
> repeated
>    again
>                       in both cases any packet whose sequence no
> doesnot lie
>     in the jitter buffer(the packet has arrived much earlier tahn its
> playout time)
>     is buffered in a seperate memory space
>
>                                     which of the two is correct? or
> both are wrong .please
>     help me.

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. However, 1) seems correct from
what I understand. If you need more information, you can look at the
jitter.cxx file in openh323. It has recently been improved.