Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] How to fix sound choppy on CPU load?

Le jeu 06/11/2003 à 00:48, Mihai T. Lazarescu a écrit :
> > c) Increase the number of frames per packet in outgoing packets.
>
> How can I do this?

Using gconf-editor, there are options for that. They are hidden, because
99.99% of the users don't need them and/or don't understand them.

> The problem is that I get audio silence for every *small*
> CPU intensive event, even opening/closing an rxvt produces
> a few fractions of a second of silence!  Worse when Mozilla
> renders a page (just text, no java or flash).  Not to mention
> spamassassin processing incoming messages, or xsetbg (niced
> to lowest priority) displaying a new background image, etc.

Never heard of such a problem, sorry.

> I suspect that the GM users are not supposed to switch to
> single user to have proper audio... :-) Actually no, since it
> seems that no other users besides me experience this erratic
> behavior. :-(

That's the first time somebody reports this in 3 years, yes and
actually, it is even difficult for me to believe it that you have that
behavior on two different machines. Because if it was the case, others
would complain too as it would be a repeatable problem.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
(o-