[GnomeMeeting-list] QuickCam 4000 AND i810 Audio Problems

Greetings All:

I have a couple of issues, one is specific to GNOMEMEETING, and one is
general (in another post).

I've recently purchased a Logitech QuickCam 4000, which I plugged in,
and it it was automagically detected, and seemed to work out of the
box.  I'm running RedHat 9 (with OSS, and a custom 2.4.22 kernel), and
noticed that I now have these devices:

[root tigger dbAccess]# ls -l /dev/audio*
crw-------    1 anthony  root      14,   4 Jan 30  2003 /dev/audio
crw-------    1 anthony  root      14,  20 Jan 30  2003 /dev/audio1
crw-------    1 anthony  root      14,   7 Jan 30  2003 /dev/audioctl
[root tigger dbAccess]# ls -l /dev/dsp*
crw-------    1 anthony  root      14,   3 Jan 30  2003 /dev/dsp
crw-------    1 anthony  root      14,  19 Jan 30  2003 /dev/dsp1
crw-------    1 anthony  root      55,   0 Jan 30  2003 /dev/dsp56k
[root tigger dbAccess]# ls -l /dev/mix*
crw-------    1 anthony  root      14,   0 Jan 30  2003 /dev/mixer
crw-------    1 anthony  root      14,  16 Jan 30  2003 /dev/mixer1

When playing sound through mixer1 and dsp1, I get audio from my
soundcard (I have an ASUS nForce MainBoard).  However, I want to use the
mic on the USB camera.  Here's a module list (relevant):

i810_audio             26920   0
ac97_codec             17032   0  [i810_audio]
audio                  46296   1
soundcore               6468   4  [i810_audio audio]
pwcx-i386              87968   0
pwc                    47656   0  [pwcx-i386]
videodev                8288   1  [pwc]
usbcore                77472   1  [usb-storage audio pwc scanner hid
ehci-hcd usb-ohci]

And /etc/modules.conf (relevant):

alias sound-slot-0 i810_audio
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 pwc
options pwc size=vga fps=15 power_save=1
post-install pwc /sbin/insmod --force /lib/modules/usb/pwcx-i386.o
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :

alias scsi_hostadapter sbp2

alias sound-slot-1 audio
post-install sound-slot-1 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-1 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :

When using GNOMEMEETING, audio from the other person comes out very
"chimpmonk-ish", high-pitched, and very, very fast.  Not at normal speed
(note that MP3's play fine).  The other user can hear me fine though.

When using the setup Druid, I can hear myself, but again, is VERY
chimpmonk-ish.

What I'm particularly interested in is:
	1.  Can I get rid of the chimpmonk sound?
	2.  Can I do it using OSS?
	3.  Can I do it using ALSA?

I've been somewhat hesitant to move to ALSA, as I've heard of problems
w/ the i810 audio.

Thanks for your help.

--Anthony