Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] conference using firewire camcorder

Georgi Georgiev schrieb:

On 27/05/2003 at 12:44:23(+0200), Cornelius Kölbel used 6.6Kbytes just to say:
Hello,

here I am again.
I got pwlib, openh323 and gnomemeeting from cvs now.

I compiled pwlib with firewiredc, openh323 and gnomemeeting. Everything compiled, but I was not able to configure a firewirdedevice in gnomemeeting. What is the correct way for configuring gnomemeeting (when running) for firewire.

You need to insmod the proper modules - raw1394, and (though not required for
firewiredc) video1394. You may want to check the faq-o-matic on openh323.org.

The modules are all loaded:
video1394              14208   0
ohci1394               19944   0  [video1394]
raw1394                18488   0

Then I thought, ok, may be better to compile pwlib with firewireavc (unfortunately it is not possible to compile with both).

This is odd... I never tried both, but I thought it should work just fine.  If
you are not sure which support you need - the AVC support is for audio-video
cameras, i.e. cameras that have miniDV tapes in them (and a microphone and can
usually be connected directly to a TV or a TV tuner). DC support is for the
rest. This is outlined at the faq-o-matic at openh323.org as well.

So obviously, I would use avc.
But nevertheless, how am I supposed to configure it in gnomemeeting?
I only get a combobox, where I can choose between /dev/video0 and /dev/video1, but mine is /dev/video1394?
Shall I just rename the node or make a new one (mknod)?

So I compiled pwlib with firewireavc, I compiled openh323 and I tried to compile gnomemeeting. But strange thing, now I am not able any more to compile gnomemeeting. Here is the error message I get:

Any idea?

This was recently (two days ago) discussed on this list. dv_types.h tries to
include config.h, and it happens to be the wrong config.h. Since config.h is
only needed when compiling the original application (in this case libdv) it is
safe to manually comment-out the reference to config.h in your
/usr/include/libdv.h

OK, thanks. I wasn´ t on this list, two days ago. Just subscribed yesterday :-)