Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] error while opening video device /dev/video0, channel 0

On Wed, 07 May 2003 18:21:37 -0400
"Tracy L. Smith" <tsmith campbell mps ohio-state edu> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I recently installed gnomemeeting and the associated pwcx file for
> a quickcam express.  It worked and functioned for a few days.  Then
> the error 'error while opening video device /dev/video0, channel 0'
> showed up.  I made sure the permissions were correct for /dev/video0,

Do you happen to have another video device like a TV capture card?  You might have entries for it in modules.conf and it gets loaded first.  Have you tried setting your video device in Gnomemeeting as /dev/video1?

Holden