Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 2.4 Proposed Modules - GnomeMeeting

Le mer 07/05/2003 à 18:11, Georgi Georgiev a écrit :
> dependency gone. Should we make a poll how many non-gnome users use
> gnomemeeting? Most of the people I've talked to using gnomemeeting do not use
> Gnome at all (and a few of them even prefer to look for another VOIP solution
> because of the dependency in question).

I've already done a poll and only 25% of the current GnomeMeeting users
are GNOME users, at least for those visiting the website.

> I wanted to say that for a long time, but didn't want to start a flame war, nor
> was I sure if there was not some greater reason for depending on Gnome.

It is more philosophical than anything else. I like GNOME, I like that
desktop, and I wanted to contribute something new for it. However, I
agree that having a pure GTK version would ease the MacOSX and Win32
ports.
--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org