RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] 2.4 Proposed Modules - GnomeMeeting

> From: Andrew Sobala [mailto:aes gnome org]
> > I don't think it should include an e-mail client. The best
> arguments for
> > including a web browser is that people really do use one
> all the time and
> > that it needs to work closely with the rest of the Desktop
> in ways that
> > Mozilla does not. I'm not personally convinced that means
> it needs to be
> > part of the Desktop release set, but the consensus seems to
> say it will.
>
> This is offtopic, but I don't agree. E-mail is many people's
> killer-app
> and gets almost as much use as a web browser.

Yes, you have a point there, but it still doesn't feel _quite_ as integrated
to me as a web browser. I guess I'd like to think of the web browser as a
special case. And like I said, I'm not convinced personally that GNOME
should bless a browser. I'm not convinced either that we shouldn't.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com