Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting on FreeBSD V5/current

> From: "Roger Hardiman" <roger telepresence dmem strath ac uk>
> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:13:27 -0000
>
> Hi
>
> > I recently upgraded my laptop to FreeBSD current. This includes a change
> > to gcc 3.2.2, Since the upgrade, GnomeMeeting has not worked.
>
> It works for me. I've got FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE on my laptop
> and I unstalled the KDE desktop and GM 0.96.0 works.
> The only thing I had to do was manually kill artsd first or I got no audio.
>
> Let me know if this helps.

Not really, but I now have it working. I k=just don't know why.

Yesterday I was getting the problem with GnomeMeeting just hanging.
'kill-9' was the only way out. (Thanks to Metacity, this was easy to
do!)

Just to confirm that the problem was my laptop running CURRENT and not the
remote end, I connected using GnomeMeeting 0.96 on my desktop. No
problem!

Then I decided to try running with debug turned on and the symptoms had
changed slightly. I connected with the RADVision MCU just fine but,
after 10 seconds with no audio or video, I get disconnected with a
message that no matching codec was found. ??? I have not made any
changes to codecs (audio or video).

Today I decided to get serious and set up to do more intensive
debugging. This was a total failure as my system connects
flawlessly. The only difference I can see is that I am at a different
location today. I am across a 4 Mbps line with about a 6 ms. away while
yesterday I was in the same building and only about 116 usec away over
fast Ethernet.

Any chance of some timing problem related to the close connection? The
TCP/ip stack in CURRENT has had a LOT of work done to it.

I obviously can't do any trouble shooting now. I won't be back in
Berkeley until next Tuesday, so I'll just have to wait until then to try
this.

Thanks, Roger, for the suggestions and Damien for all the support!

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: oberman es net			Phone: +1 510 486-8634