Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] packet loss

I am sorry but I lost the part with the late packets:

You are sending packets to the remote user, those packets are queued in
the jitter buffer (for example a jitter buffer could contain the packets
for 200ms of voice), when the jitter buffer is full (the 200ms are
elapsed) it plays the voice back. If one of the packets sent 300ms ago
arrives after 300ms when the jitter buffer is of 200ms, then it comes
too late to be played.

Do the packets carry some kind of timestamp or sequence number?
Does the receiver simply discard packets because the jitter buffer is full?
Is there any synchronization with the video frames?

Thank you once more
JC