[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: startup programs priority, notification area and gnomemeeting.

El mié, 12 de 03 de 2003 a las 10:18, Sven Luther escribió:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:11:11AM +0100, Miguel Rodríguez wrote:

> > > BTW, i have a problem with gnomemeeting and the gnome notification area.
> > > Well various problems really.
> > >
> > > I launch gnomemeeting minimized in the notification area, but since both
> > > have the same priority, the gnomemeeting windows flashes quickly at
> > > startup and at shutdown, which is not nice. I have tried modifying the
> > > priority of gnomeeting to 55 or the one of the gnome notification area
> > > to 45, but none of this seem to survive a relaunch of gnome.
> > >
> > I have coded support for the notification area in GnomeMeeting, and I'm
> > sad to inform you that the race you are seeing is in gnomemeeting
> > itself. Even if the notification area is ready when GnomeMeeting is
> > launched, it will first show the main window and hide it once it
> > receives a signal that the icon tray is ready.
>
> So, this is a bug in gnomemeeting, can it not be solved ? I am not
> familiar with the details, but i guess that you would need to search for
> the notification area before you make the UI visible, or even don't
> build the UI if you are only going to display in the notification area.
The problem is that you cannot search for it. We just try to use it, and
if we get a signal that we succeeded we hide the main window. The
problem with this signal is that it is asynchronous, as it involves
several different applications (system-tray, gnomemeeting and window
manager, i think). We may add a little delay before showing the main
window, but that would delay the startup.