[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: startup programs priority, notification area and gnomemeeting.

El mié, 12 de 03 de 2003 a las 08:55, Sven Luther escribió:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 05:04:59PM +0100, Sven Herzberg wrote:
> > Am Die, 2003-03-11 um 14.23 schrieb Stian Jordet:
> > > So the only problem I have is that screen 2 don't have any window
> > > manager, I have to start it manually... That's the issue I'm looking for
> > > a solution for.
> >
> > Desktop-Preferneces -> Advanced -> Session
> >
> >   go into the »Startup-programs« tab and add sawfish with priority 50.
> > this should work.
>
> BTW, i have a problem with gnomemeeting and the gnome notification area.
> Well various problems really.
>
> I launch gnomemeeting minimized in the notification area, but since both
> have the same priority, the gnomemeeting windows flashes quickly at
> startup and at shutdown, which is not nice. I have tried modifying the
> priority of gnomeeting to 55 or the one of the gnome notification area
> to 45, but none of this seem to survive a relaunch of gnome.

I have coded support for the notification area in GnomeMeeting, and I'm
sad to inform you that the race you are seeing is in gnomemeeting
itself. Even if the notification area is ready when GnomeMeeting is
launched, it will first show the main window and hide it once it
receives a signal that the icon tray is ready.
> Should the notification area not have a higher priority than the
> applications that will use it ?
>
> Also, i used to get two foot icons in the gnome splash screen, claiming
> to be gnomemeeting, why two, i don't know. I suppose that foot icons are
> used is a bug in gnomemeeting ?
I think those icons are hardcoded in gnome-session, so there is nothing
gnomemeeting can do about it. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

> Now, since a few days, things went worse, now i have 6 foot icons in the
> splash screen, and apparently gnomemeeting is called multiple times
> (well at least two) since i get a dialog window telling me that it is
> already running and that i should use the -c option. I didn't change
> anything in the session preferences, and i have checked that
> gnomemeeting only appears one time in the programs to be launched at
> startup.

No idea.