Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 0.96.1 questions

On Friday 07 March 2003 11:38, Marc Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 10:27, Miguel Rodríguez wrote:
> > El vie, 07 de 03 de 2003 a las 16:35, Marc Williams escribió:
> > > 2) Gnome's Close Window (the X) doesn't close the window but rather
> > > minimizes it to the Notification Area panel.
> > >
> > > Are these accurate?  If so, how can I get the old behaviors back?
> >
> > Point 2) is done on purpose. In fact, the 'X' does indeed close the
> > window, it just doesn't quit the application. This is the same that
> > other applications do, like gaim cvs, for instance.
>
> Well, since I don't run Gaim (I'm an Licq guy), Gnomemeeting is the only
> app on my desktop that behaves this way.  Do you have any other apps
> where you have to File -> Quit in order to *really* quit the app?  I
> don't.  At least, not that I know of.
>
> Oh well.  Just one more inconsistency, I guess.  I mean, this certainly
> isn't a showstopper.  Far from it.  But I think those KDE guys have a
> pretty good argument in this department.  It's a good thing that the
> Gnome apps are really great.  :-)

Actually, if you run Kopete (http://kopete.kde.org), then it does this
behavior.  If you click the close button in the top right, then it closes the
window but stays running in the System Tray.  This is how applets are
supposed to work.  Also, note that kopete is recognised by KDE (the address)
and will be released with the next version of KDE net utils.

-- Craig Callender