[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: MSN connect

Le mer 05/03/2003 à 03:43, Patrick a écrit :
> OK,
> i really tried and i really hope that the problem is my firewall.
> I am trying to call an MSN user.  i put the following line in the callto
> line....
> callto://206.172.323.46
> and that is it.
> now is that correct?

Yes, but MSN  Messenger is not compatible with GnomeMeeting. The windows
user has to use Netmeeting.

> the person in question has their MSN messenger up and running and they
> receive nothing.
>
> i get 'call complete' in history log. and then the connect/disconnect
> icon goes to disconnect.
>
> I was able to talk to someone else on ils.seconix.com so i know that i
> am getting through my software firewall and also through my NETGEAR
> gateway router RT314.  The other person on ils.seconix.com was able to
> see my video but i was not able to see their video.

Then your router is either not supporting H.323, or your GnomeMeeting is
misconfigured. Please have a look at the appropriate section in the FAQ.

In very short :
- if your router supports H.323, you need to disable Fast Start and
H.245 Tunneling in GnomeMeeting
- if your router doesn't support H.323, you need to do port forwarding
and enable IP translation inside GnomeMeeting.

> Thanks for any help on this.  I really hope that it is just my not fully
> understanding the DOCS (which i have gone over)

Yes, it seems so :)

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org