[GnomeMeeting-list] "New subscriber to the list" and "issues with openssl-0.9.7-5 solved"

Hello there everybody!

The main purpose of this posting is sharing my newly gained knowledge on the problems openssl-0.9.7-5 makes, if one tries to compile a recent version of gm with it installed. The configure-script of 0.96.0 and 2003-03-04 wasn't able to find my ssl.h and failed all the time. Without going into the gory details of the issues involved, here is the solution that make things work for me (also big thanks to Matthias from #gnomemeeting, who helped me today and guided me in the right direction):

If this fails:

	./configure
	checking for OpenSSL includes...
	checking ssl.h usability... no
	checking ssl.h presence... no

try this:

CFLAGS=-I/usr/kerberos/include CPPFLAGS=$CFLAGS CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS ./configure

Afterwards "make" starts compiling gm. It works for 0.96.0 and 2003-03-04. The compile-time problems I have with it now are a different story.

I hope this is helpful for other people or might be worth mentioning on the FAQ or is an aid for Damian and the other developers for further tweaking and tuning the build process and docs.

Best regards...

Mirco aka MacSlow