Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Is it possible to use a digital still camera?

> If not can anyone recommend a good and easy to configure USB web camera to
> buy?

Hello,

I am using the logitech QuickCam 3000 pro (usb), which is pretty cheap
(about half of what I paid a year ago) and  works perfectly with GM.

I used the drivers found here:
http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/ ,
where he also lists a few other cameras which might work.

Easy installation directions can be found here:
http://www.isthe.com/chongo/tech/comp/pwc/rh8.0.html
(RH8 instructions work fine for RH9)

For me, the "usbaudiooff" script (towards the bottom of the page) was not
optional, since the camera's sound card tended to fight with the one in my
laptop (DELL latitude CPi - PII) and produce all sorts of ugly noise, but
once I ran that everything appears to work fine, except, obviously, you need
another mike than the one in the camera.

I was just happy because RH9 actually found the laptop's soundcard, which
RH8 did not. (Although RH9 does seem to have difficulties finding the sound
card on the old Compaq Deskpro that I also installed it on, so I don't
actually know what that means, since I don't know what kind of machine or
which flavor of Linux you're using )

Hope this helps,

S.