Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnugk

David Mills wrote:

Do I need gnugk to run gnomemeeting successfully?

Thus far I have gnomemeeting up and running. It was able to find my brother's netmeeting registration and we managed to connect. But neither of us could hear eachother, we could only hear ourselves.

I'm running behind a NAT router (NetComm ADSL modem/router). Yes I have set up all the port forwarding and the IP translations and have turned off tunnelling etc.

You don't mention if your brother is behind NAT/Router or not and what Windows version is he on - I believe there are some issues with the XP Netmeeting or perhaps the fact that it
comes with firewalling ( the S.O. , of course ) .
You have configured forwarding at the router but did you disable the Linux firewall to see
what happens?

And did you try calling from one to the other and vice-versa ? It sometimes makes a difference...

Cheers !

J.Pedro

--
__ __ _| |__| |_|.| . @ Red Hat Linux version 9