Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] ATI v4l module & Gnomemeeting

> I have a Radeon 8500 VIVO card with video-in that I would like to use
> with digital camera with gnomemeeting.
> The card works well with xawtv, but the video device is not detected by
> gnomemeeting. If the driver is not loaded gnomemeeting lists three
> devices (obviously wrong): picture, /dev/video0 and /dev/video1. When I
> load the v4l driver I get only picture.
>
> Here is the output of xawtv -hwscan:
> # xawtv -hwscan
> This is xawtv-/home/frankk/xawtv_3.88, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.21)
> looking for available devices
> port 69-69                              [ -xvport 69 ]
>      type : Xvideo, video overlay
>      type : Xvideo, image scaler
>      name : ATI Radeon Video Adapter
>
> Any suggestion to make this driver work with gnomemeeting?
>
> Thanks.
> Francesco.

i've experienced the same problem with a different video card.  i suspect
this is may be a module issue.  try unloading all modules that deal with
the camera. in my case that consisted of pwcx, pwc, videodev and one or
two dealing with usb.  then i reloaded the drivers and this problem was
resolved.  my guess is there is a module that is not properly cleaning things
up.  anyway, this is how i fixed the problem on my machine so it gives you
something to try.  it may not work but it is worth a shot.

good luck.
bill