Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 1394 DV cam not recognized?

On 03/07/2003 at 11:24:25(+0200), PUYDT Julien used 0.9K just to say:
> Le jeu 03/07/2003 à 06:22, Georgi Georgiev a écrit :
>
> > I tried to uncompress the source from the deb file (can someone suggest a
> > simple tool for undebbing .deb files in case I ever have to do this again,
> > because I don't feel like installing dpkg) and then I ran ldd on the
> > gnomemeeting executable, but I saw no references to 1394. Try it for yourself:
> >
> > $ ldd /usr/bin/gnomemeeting | grep 1394 || echo "Nope, no firewire support"
> > Nope, no firewire support
>
> It's not the source you got, it's the files in the archive. And a .deb
> is just an ar archive with a fixed structure inside. Just ar -x the
> .deb, and you'll get some files, one of which is a data.tar.gz, in which
> you'll find the files that get installed.

Of course it's not the source. What would a binary do in a source anyway. I was
looking for a tar.gz (and found it) inside the .deb so I just said "source" by
habbit since usually the tar.gz-s I handle are source tarballs.

This ar trick is pretty slick. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

--
()   Georgi Georgiev   () I try not to break the rules but merely to   ()
()    chutz gg3 net    () test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck         ()