Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Quality

Le mar 01/07/2003 à 21:55, Alexis Moreau a écrit :
> Hello again,
>
> This week end, I saw the differnce of quality between the same webcam (a
> Labtec) between two different OS : Windows (of course...) and Linux (I'm
> running a mandrake 9.0). I saw that the quality was very poor on mine (the
> image is always yellow, and the movements are not well rendered, it looks
> like the end scene in Lost Highway... terrible).
>
> Is there a big difference between the quality of linux and windows drivers ?

Not really, but that's right that some drivers are of really bad quality
and half-implemented. Always ask an advice before buying a camera.

> When I see the screenshots on gnomemeeting.org I do not have this feeling...

Indeed, philips-based cameras are of very high-quality and the driver is
ok too. There is no trick in the screenshots btw.

That is what is seen in Boston (US) with a call from Belgium:
http://developer.ximian.com/images/screenshots/desktop/gnomemeeting.png

no trick either ;)