Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Mic Volume with OSS SoundBlaster Live! Value

I can use Gnome Meeting just fine for video and voice, the only problem is that the person hearing me at the other end can barely hear me. I practicly have to swallow my mic for it to pick anything up. It is not specific to GnomeMeeting, as when I try to record from the Mic it needs to be in my throat also.

It seemed to work fine in Windows, so I was curious if there was a trick out there that one of you SoundBlaster Live! Value users might know about? I prefer to use the OSS drivers, but if the answer is to truely switch to ALSA, then I am willing. Thanks!

You didn't give any other details on your system, but I can tell you that I don't have alsa installed and my S.B. Live 1024 Player ( I believe that's the hole name)
works very good on my RedHat 8 box - it uses the EMU10k1 driver .
Already tried with 2 different headsets and the mic gain works great with KMix . Maybe it's some kind of bug or incompatibility with the driver and some Live models ( there are quite a few, right ? ).Someone else already stated to have problems
with S.B. Live , specifically with the mic gain .

J.Pedro