Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Quicknet Internet LineJACK

Le mar 28/01/2003 à 21:31, James Leigh a écrit :
> This is great news that gnomemeeting can now make PC-to-Phone calls.  I
> just wish I had not sold my quicknet card four months ago, duh!
>
> Does anyone know if 1) gnomemeeting can be setup to receive phone-to-PC
> calls with quciknet's LineJACK? and 2) if gnomemeeting can run in daemon
> mode on a server to just forward calls to another machine?  3) Is it
> possible to buy the right to use the G.723.1 audio codec with
> gnomemeeting without a quicknet card?
>
> I am so excited about this now technology in gnomemeeting, you guys are
> the best!

Thanks :)

Here are the answers:
1) not yet, but perhaps in the future
2) you can forward calls to another machine yes, but GnomeMeeting has to
be running as a GUI under X, pay attention to NAT problems when
forwarding calls if you have 2 machines behind NAT
3) no, it is not possible, the licence fees are unfortunately
prohibitive

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org