Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Intel-i810 Alsa and OSS test

Le ven 24/01/2003 à 13:28, Jean-Michel POURE a écrit :
> Le Vendredi 24 Janvier 2003 12:30, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> > If so, it means that there is no problem opening the audio device, that
> > there is no problem to record from it, but that it can't play back the
> > recorded sound.
>
> Dear Damien,
>
> I enabled the webcam microphone and did the wizard test again,  using Alsa +
> OSS emulation. Surprise : it works great. Then, I phoned my contact using

I don't understand yet why it was not working, but perhaps you have a
configuration problem that makes things work randomly...

> Gnomemeeting. At first, the sound was correct, but it got worse within two
> minutes, until the line was cut. My contact lost the ADSL connexion and had
> to reboot his computer.

Make sure he installed MS-GSM, also make sure that MS-GSM is really used
during calls and not G.711 (you can use the "General History" from the
"Tools" menu to check what codecs are used during a call).

> You wron't be surpised : my contact uses NetMeeting on Windows XP. He will
> soon install GNU/Linux + Gnomemeeting to get a real firewall + H323 solution.

:-)

> Don't blame me for not telling you my counterpart was using Netmeeting.
> Microsoft is like a disease, please understand it is hard for me to write or
> even pronounce the word "Micro$oft".

No problem ;)