Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Intel-i810 Alsa and OSS test

Le Vendredi 24 Janvier 2003 12:30, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> If so, it means that there is no problem opening the audio device, that
> there is no problem to record from it, but that it can't play back the
> recorded sound.

Dear Damien,

I enabled the webcam microphone and did the wizard test again,  using Alsa +
OSS emulation. Surprise : it works great. Then, I phoned my contact using
Gnomemeeting. At first, the sound was correct, but it got worse within two
minutes, until the line was cut. My contact lost the ADSL connexion and had
to reboot his computer.

You wron't be surpised : my contact uses NetMeeting on Windows XP. He will
soon install GNU/Linux + Gnomemeeting to get a real firewall + H323 solution.

Don't blame me for not telling you my counterpart was using Netmeeting.
Microsoft is like a disease, please understand it is hard for me to write or
even pronounce the word "Micro$oft".

Thanks for your help,
Jean-Michel