[GnomeMeeting-list] Problem with opening of audio device, gnomemeeting 0.94.1

Hello,

I have a strange problem concerning the opening of the audio device, and I am
not able to find the reason.

First of all, my setup is the following:

Sound Card: Ensoniq ES1370 [AudioPCI] (rev 01)

OS: Linux, kernel 2.4.20

pwlib version: 1.3.11, compiled from source using 'make opt'
openh323 version: 1.9.10, compiled from source using 'make opt'
gnomemeeting version: 0.94.1, installed into /usr/local, compiled from source
using above libraries by explicitly setting their paths into the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH e.v.

The following error message appears (into two different dialog boxes) upon
trying to open the audio device:
"Could not open audio channel for audio transmission (soundcard busy?).
Disabling audio transmission."

I have tried with the following "combinations":
- aRts daemon active
- aRts daemon susxpended
- no sound daemon
- esd daemon active (launching gnomemeeting with parameter --enable-sound)

but the result is always the same.

I am thinking that maybe the problem is that my sound card is not full-duplex,
but so please, could you explain me why the version of gnomemeeting 0.93 I
have installed into /usr from the Mandrake-provided RPMs, which uses pwlib
1.3.3 and openh323 1.9.3, both of them also installed form the
Mandrake-provided RPMs, works ??

I tried enabling debug using "-d 6" but nothing useful appears, I also tried
using -tttttt and -o tracefile but the trace statements which are present
into pwlib do not appear, so understanding what is happening is almost
impossible !! :-(

I really need to use this version of gnomemeeting because the previous one has
some problems related to IRRs, probably because of the version of
pwlib/openh323 used by it.

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestion.

--
Regards,
	Fabrizio Ammollo