Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting, netmeeting, lan and NAT

Le dim 19/01/2003 à 19:33, Chris Searle a écrit :
> Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> writes:
>

> Nor will I once GnomeMeeting->Netmeeting is working :-)

That's a good news :)

> Did spot it earlier - but got so wrapped up in the NAT
> possibilitie/problems that I forgot it :-( And yes - no shared
> codec. However - I'm getting more and more convinced that this machine
> (machine 2 from the original list) is in a poor state - so I'm going
> to re-install it from scratch. Connecting to it was mainly to prove
> that gnome-meeting was working before further trying connections over
> NAT.

The best is to decompose the main problem in several subproblems, once
you have a common codec, if there is no sound you can decompose the
problem in other subproblems.

I plan to reorganize the FAQ (I don't have much time), and do this
predecomposition so that people can tell I'm in case "b" and I can't go
further.

> Tested by having an audio stream playing (a net asf stream thru
> mplayer) while recording with rec -t wav test.wav. It recorded OK.

Looks promising then.

> OK - I'll have a shot at doing this with just redirection - just have
> to convert it all to ipchains first. The floppyfw machine is a 486 and
> does not support 2.4.x kernels. However - since all it does is route -
> I can live with ipchains.

OK as long as ipchains supports port forwarding (I don't remember but
I'm not sure it does).

> > - it is also probable that if you are using h323_masq_module, it
> > prevents to work the IP translation technic described in the FAQ and
> > supported by GnomeMeeting only.
>
> Now - I'm a little unclear here. FAQ 6.3.1 gives a list of iptables
> that can be used. If I insert that lot on the floppyfw machine (think
> of it as a router) - do I need the ip translation stuff in FAQ 6.3?

If you do this, you have to unload the buggy h323_masq_module, forward
the required ports and enable IP translation in GnomeMeeting. Yes it is
needed, but it is only an option to enable in GnomeMeeting :)

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org