Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Seeting up ILS Server myself

Hello Stefan,

Le sam 18/01/2003 à 22:21, Stefan Sonnenberg-Carstens a écrit :
> Hello list,
> first of all I want to thank the developers of gnomemeeting for their
> excellent work.
> It is really working fine and stable on my gentoo box, so I'm quite happy with
> it.

Thanks, but next release will still be better :)

> Then the load raises so high.
> I think the Perl script is the limiting factor.
> Even at home (same hardware, except the SCSI thing), when I connect a Windows
> XP - Netmeeting client (1, and only 1), the tendence is reproducable by
> pressing repeatedly "F5" in the directory listing. The load goes beond "2"
> for a simple, repeated ldap-search.

Yes, we know that, but it doesn't use much CPU during a very long time.
Our ILS server already reached > 100 users without problems.

However, yes the PERL script is the limiting factor. There are not many
solutions to the problem :
- Patch the C code of OpenLDAP so that we don't need the Perl script
- Get rid of ILS and use pure LDAP and not broken LDAP

We plan to go for the second solution in the future. The problem is that
it becomes incompatible with Netmeeting, but I really think that in the
long term, people should stop using broken protocols like ILS.