Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM & quicknet

Le dim 05/01/2003 à 07:07, Greg Hosler a écrit :
> how come I do not see g.723.1 under the audio codecs when I enable quicknet
> devices ?

When using Quicknet devices, G.723.1 is automatically selected in
priority. I didn't find a way yet in OpenH323 to determine what codecs
are supported by a Quicknet card, and I think there is none.
Moreover, there is no good way of implementing this : if I add G.723.1
and that people move it up and down and change the ordering, it will
remember its last position. If the person choose to not use the Quicknet
card anymore, G.723.1 will be removed from the list and next time he
uses the Quicknet card again, the position of the G.723.1 codec will
have been lost.

If you want to contribute a patch, it is welcome, but I see no way to
implement this correctly.

> also about the configuration. it's not at all obvious what the combo boxes do
> (they enable/disable an icon, and it's not at all obvious what that icon is
> supposed to represent).

I don't understand what you mean. What combo box? There is no combo box
in the configuration.

--
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>