Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] PC-to-Phone with Quicknet

Le mer 26/02/2003 à 09:25, Gerald Estadieu a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I bought a Quicknet's Internet PhoneJack-PCI a few
> days ago to phone through the Internet since I am
> leaving out of my country.
> I am currently using Linux Mandrake 9.1 RC1 since it
> is claim that it support Quicknet products and it
> include GnomeMeeting 0.96. I obviously create an
> account in microtelco.com web site and charge my
> account.

On LinuxJack.com you mean? You can not create accounts for GnomeMeeting
on microtelco.com directly.

> Now, get the problem: in short, it does not work!
> in Mandrake Control Center, I can see my PCI card as
> an audio card, but no module is loaded.
> There, I load the module "modprobe ixj", and I can see
> it is there in lsmod. But I still do not see any
> /dev/phone or whatever in Gnomemeeting
> (except my normal sound card, an Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI
> 128, module es1371 which give me /dev/sound/dsp and
> /dev/sound/mixer) and when I try to use my
> cordless phone, I do not have any tone.
>
> any ideas from you guys where comes from the problem?

Have you tried as root?

I would say that it is a bug in the installation process of Mandrake and
that you will have to install the Quicknet driver manually following the
Readme.