Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] VoIP + Quicknet card

Le dim 23/02/2003 à 20:20, Ryan Nix a écrit :
> Ok,
>
> So I'm sure this question has been asked before. I got GM .96 to call my
> land line only once successfully after I purchased an account from
> Quicknet.  When I emailed them, they said its probably because I don't
> have a Quicknet card and they require the Quicknet card for "security"
> reasons.  Why would I need this after i did get it call through GM once.

I don't think you need a Quicknet card for "security" reasons, you need
a Quicknet card because all providers require G.723.1 which is patented
and the only way to use it is through a Quicknet card.

You can not currently make any calls without a Quicknet card because all
providers require G.723.1 and GM doesn't provide G.723.1 except if you
have a Quicknet card.

--
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>