Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] choppy audio with very bad echo

Le ven 21/02/2003 à 16:52, Kevin Oberman a écrit :

> I have exactly the same problem on my T30 with GM 0.96. It's clearly a
> timing issue. The audio is not playing back at the right pitch and
> there are periodic "jumps" in the audio as the source "re-syncs". The
> problem is clearly present in the audio test.

All what the audio test is doing is recording and playing back.

> I had a problem with some older systems with ICH3 audio playing back
> too fast. The driver was fixed to correct this problem. Now
> GnomeMeeting is doing exactly the opposite. It's playing back too
> slowly.
>
> To make it even odder, I'm running on FreeBSD stable. This implies that
> the problem is in GM or one of its libraries.

Why? Isn't FreeBSD using OSS like Linux? I thought so...
I really think it is an OSS problem, everytime users have reported audio
problems and that we told them to upgrade to ALSA, the problem
disappeared. Many OSS drivers are not able to work in full-duplex.