Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Choppy audio

Le jeu 13/02/2003 à 01:49, Keith Gross a écrit :
> I'm having audio problems with one machine.  When you test audio during setup
> on this machine everything seems great but when you use it to make a call the
> sound at the other end is choppy.  Only portions get through.  There are few
> ifany lost or late packets.  Certainly not enough to explain the continous
> sound problems.
>
> I've also noticed that normally you can hear what your saying coming from the
> speakers of the machine your using.  On this machine even this is choppy.

You can disable that by muting the microphone function doing this echo.

> But as I said sound is fine during the audio test.
>
> I've tried differant Audio codec and disabling silence detection without any
> noticable effect on this problem.  We use this same machine under Windows 98
> with Yahoo IM and it's voice chat features without sound quality problems.

Windows doesn't use the same driver, the same implementation.

> Anyone have a suggestion what might cause this.

Given the fact that the audio setup works fine with the configuration
druid, I see no other possible cause than network problems or problems
on the side of the person who receives audio.

Perhaps you have no problem, but the remote user receives choppy sound
because problems on his side. You do not give information about the
conditions of the test and the remote user. I suggest you to go on
irc.gnome.org, #gnomemeeting and ask for a live test with somebody there
to determine if the problem is on your side, or on the remote side.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org