[GnomeMeeting-list] video bandwidth control problems

First the good news - Gnomemeeting UK to netmeeting Australia works !
We have audio & video. Gnomemeeting on 0.98.5, Debian Woody, netmeeting on XP

The GSM codec works & is great without video. When Video is engaged the audio becomes very choppy.

Audio only uses about 4KB/s
I checked the FAQ & set video20k/bs, video quality 20%, 1 frame/sec, 2 background blocks.

20kb/s + 4kb/s =24kb/s
A lot less than the theoretical max of 56KB/s dial up link.

Stilly choppy. In fact no matter how far I reduce the video KB/s The audio is still choppy.

Any Ideas
Dave